Here is the list of thing that we can do instead of lockdown to safeguard the economy.
- Lay guidelines to companies to operate with 50% of head count from workplace and rest from WFH
- Work timings to account for minimal crowd using public transports
- Increased public transport services
- Assume 30% of population will be infected and work on improving capacity related to isolation ward, testing, and treating
- Insurance or package to cover medical costs incurred and loss of wages during treatment of infected individuals
- Shop timings of all goods to be extended (possible with limited staff at a particular time) to minimise crowding
- Crowd management guidelines in places of worship, bus stops, railway stations, and hospitals, etc.
- Employment of unemployed daily wage workers to speed up public works departments contracts (like road laying, bridge construction, desilting water bodies, waste management etc)
- Guidelines for private transports like airlines and buses to operate with 50% occupancy
- Innovate supply chain of essential goods to minimise wastage of produce and maximise profits of producers (will it motivate population migration from cities back to villages thereby increasing sq ft available per person across towns)
- Increase Councelling Centres to tackle numbers of people disturbed during lockdown.