Mumbai (Maharashtra): The Maharashtra Chief Minister’s Office (CMO) released a list of DO’s and DONT’s to stay safe at home in cyclone Nisarga.
In the Do’s, MO mentioned that the loose things outside the house should be tied or moved indoors. The citizen also should seal their important documents and jewellery in a plastic bag.
The Maharashtra CMO tweeted,
- If you don’t live in a mud house/hut, choose a part of the house as an emergency shelter and practice how members of the house will use the space during the cyclone.
- Keep an emergency kit always ready.
- Stay away from windows.
- Close some windows and keep some open so the pressure is maintained.
- Stay at the center of the room.
- Stay away from the corners as debris often accumulates in the centers.
In addition, the Maharashtra CMO has urged people not to spread or believe in rumors.
And also the state government warned citizens not to drive or ride any vehicle during the cyclone.