New Delhi: The total number of coronavirus cases in India is 3,970 in the last 24 hours and the total number of coronavirus cases raised to 85,940, according to the Union Minisitry of Health and Family Welfare report.
And now India is ranked 11th in the world in terms of coronavirus cases. The Health Ministry bulletin reveals that more than 30,000 COVID-19 patients have recovered so far. The fatality rate is significantly better than China’s at 3.2 per cent compared to 5.5 per cent.
The top developments on coronavirus cases in India are given below:
- US President Donald Trump on Saturday wrote on Twitter that his country would donate ventilators to India in the fight against the pandemic.
- After April 14, India has recorded a huge jump in the number of cases. The number of coronavirus cases climbed to 70,000, from 20,000.
- Nearly18 cities in the country have recorded the highest number of coronavirus cases. Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Pune and Chennai alone account for 50 per cent of the total cases in India.
- Maharashtra is becoming the worst-hit state due to the pandemic – precisely, over 1,000 policemen have affected by coronavirus.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced Rs 1 lakh crore to fund agriculture infrastructure projects in her third set of announcements on the mega economic stimulus to help various sectors which are a part of the Rs 20 lakh crore stimulus package announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the coronavirus-hit economy.
- Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka, Gujarat and national capital Delhi have suggested reopening large swathes of the economy.
- Delhi’s coronavirus tally climbed to 8,895, according to Friday. Luckily, no coronavirus patient died on Thursday.