Chennai (Tamil Nadu): TN will be under lockdown from 6pm on Tuesday till 31st, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisami announced on Monday in the assembly.
While addressing the press he requested people to follow social distancing. We have exclusively given the Press meet Highlights here.
1. Entire state lockdown
2. Not more than 4 members including within family should not be gathered.
3. One member per family will be allowed to step out to buy daily needs.
4. The government will provide one month of free rice for all the daily wages. The measurement will be 12kg per individual.
5. Along with rice Rs.1500 cash will also provide per family.
6. Strictly all government departments should work from home, except for essential services.
7. All education departments, schools, and colleges will be closed till 31st.
8. The building, construction, and contract workers, and working labor, industrial workers, both in government and private sectors, should be paid salary of lockdown days.
9. Anganwadi centers will be closed, but the Government will provide nutrition to kids and pregnant women, at their home itself.
10. Pregnant Women will get proper medical support through Amma Odi.
11. Only emergency services will be available at hospitals.
12. All types of Public and private transport will be strictly closed, including buses, trains, cars, cabs, two-wheeler cabs.
13. All interstate borders will be closed, except for essential services and goods.
14. Stay at Home and Stay Safe.
15. Police will strictly follow the epidemic disease act 1897 and will arrest violators under criminal acts.