The Covid-19 pandemic has led to the rise of video conferencing apps. In its bid to compete with other apps like Skype and Zoom, Google Meet has recently upped the ante. Now Google Meet is available in the Gmail app for both iOS and Android. This is a tactical move by Google to make the Meet app more accessible and user friendly.
Gmail is already one of the most popular email platforms worldwide, and by moving Meet closer to Gmail, Google is hoping to increase its popularity. If you want to make Meet calls using Gmail, here’s a quick guide for you.
- Click on the Meet option in the bottom right corner of the screen after opening Gmail.
- Tap ‘New Meeting option’ at the top of the screen if you want to initiate a meeting.
- Click on the first option ‘Get joining info to share’ to create and share new meeting details.
- There is also a ‘Start an instant meeting’ option.
- Google has also added the option of scheduling meetings in Gmail. Simply tap the ‘Schedule in Google Calendar’ option. You’ll have to enter the title, guests, date and time in the Google calendar, and then tap on save.
Join a Google Meet call using the Gmail app.
- To start, click on the Meet option.
- Then click on ‘Join a meeting.’
- Then you’ll have to enter the meeting code and click on Join.